Teaching and learning for senior students Y11-13 at Botany Campus and Y11-13 Mt Albert Campus takes a blended learning approach which includes ECCO and paper-based learning. The approaches used are inclusive of diverse learning needs and tailored to suit the requirements of each subject. If parents have queries in regards to your child’s learning, we encourage you to connect with the subject teacher via email.
- Elim Christian College Online Learning (ECCO) for Y11-13 students at BC and MAC includes Zoom, Schoology, Microsoft Teams, OneNote and Google Meet.
- Senior students are very familiar with how to access their online learning tools.
- Students will be assigned weekly learning objectives with milestones to achieve in every subject area.
- We plan to follow the BC/MAC timetables as closely as possible – this will enable students to know when to connect with teachers if and as needed. Some subjects may not require any teacher contact for a few days (especially Y13 classes). However if contact is needed, then best this happens during timetabled periods so everyone knows when to expect availability.
- Learning programmes are being redesigned in some subject areas. This includes the consideration of postponing Internal Assessments until later in the year and instead moving onto External Achievement Standards. NZQA are providing guidance and support.
- Feedback on work will be a combination of written, oral and video feedback.
Online learning is compulsory from Wednesday 15th April, but during the term holidays students are not expected to do any school work as teachers will not be posting any tasks / homework. All communication with teachers should continue in Term 2 through Schoology.