APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ELIM CHRISTIAN COLLEGE 2015
There is a cut-off date of Tuesday, 1 July 2014 for guaranteed processing for the coming year’s Term 1 2015 intake, however, applications are welcome at any time. Applications which are received after the 1 July will be processed and placed on our waiting lists for consideration should space become available. Please note that applications which are received by the cut-off date of Tuesday, 1 July 2014 are still subject to space being available at the required level, but should space permit, all applications received by this date will be considered for an interview.
For more information, Application Form, Proprietor Form, Enrolment Policy Criteria and Prospectus please see our website www.elim.school.nz
At Elim Christian College we are committed to the delivery of an innovative and powerful learning environment. We utilise the modern tools of learning that engage learners and transform the curriculum. We have a genuine and solid Christian worldview foundation. We are looking for two exceptional teachers who have a passion for and sound and broad knowledge of technology. You will be committed to supporting all our teachers in this journey. Responsibilities will be three fold: (1) Leadership of staff as a vision activator. (2) Hands on support for all aspects of technology, I.T devices and network (3) Small teaching component in an innovative Year 7/8 technology programme, that you will help develop & lead. The successful applicants must actively support our school’s Christian character. More information on this unique opportunity is available on our web site www.elim.school.nz
From our position pack
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a person who:
- Has and genuinely lives by a strong set of Christian/Biblical values
- Is a born-again believer with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, actively living as a Christian, basing their life on the Word of God and involved in a life-giving church
- Has integrity, who practices fairness, acts with flexibility and a strong sense of responsibility
- Is committed to excellence in the broadest sense of the word and will ‘go the extra mile’
- Is prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular dimension of our educational programme(s)
- Will interact positively with all ages, displaying a sense of humour and emotional intelligence
- Is committed to their own on-going personal and professional development
- Is able to relate to all cultures within the community and in particular to support educational achievement of Pacifica and Maori students
- Is an exceptional teacher with a strong curriculum and student achievement focus, a proven track record (excellent Teaching Practicum Reports if Beginning Teacher) of facilitating quality learning programmes, stimulating environments and effective use of assessment data and achievement outcomes
- Demonstrates confidence and innovation in implementing educational change
- Wants to make a positive difference in the lives of students and who wants to invest in an educational setting designed to meet the needs of the whole person.
- Has the ability, creativity and absolute passion to lead staff as a vision activator; committed to journeying alongside and supporting teachers to move their pedagogical practise into innovative, effective 21st Century Christ centred learning experiences
- Has the ability, innovative thinking and absolute passion to provide hands on support for all aspects of technology, I.T devices and network;
- Has the ability, and absolute passion to have an active teaching component in an innovative Year 7/8 technology programme based on a sound and broad knowledge of technology, being able to plan, assess and teach innovative technology units
- Has the skill to help develop & lead integrated curriculum activities and programmes in technology
- Is a confident and extremely competent user of multiple ICT tools, is embracing significant digital and e-learning approaches, strategies in their classroom to engage learners and transform the curriculum.
- Is a strong proponent and cheer leader for BYOD device programmes and the on-going early adoption of digital developments for the transformation of learning
- Is able to confidently troubleshoot and rectify issues with the school network services and end user devices to a suitable tier one level
- Is willing to learn to maintain services such as the active directory, connectivity and gateway services.
- Is a quick learner and good trouble shooter